French Property Is Much Cheaper Then In The UK
It seems that everyone now knows that French property is so much cheaper than houses in the U.K. there are many French properties for sale priced from €50,000. Some are small houses just needing a little modernisation, others are much larger needing more DIY or you can even buy a complex of barns for total property renovation projects. You certainly won’t be able to buy such properties along the Mediterranean coastal strip but in Charente, Midi Pyrénées and other regions there is a good selection of French properties for sale at this bargain price. Despite these bargains, most people who choose to buy property in France seem to have a budget of around €200,000. At this price, the selection is enormous and so is the variety of properties on the market.
Take Your French Property Pick
I have looked at properties in the price range €200,000-€300,000 and the variety of houses and settings is truly astounding. I have browsed through the Healey Fox website to discover just what kind of French property you could expect to be able to buy in this price range in different areas of France. This is a small selection to tempt you……..
- 3 bedroomed townhouse in Provence
- 4 bedroomed country house and gîte near ski resorts in Midi Pyrénées
- House, 2 gîtes (11 bedrooms in total),heated swimming pool in Charente
- 3 bedroomed villa and swimming pool in Languedoc Roussillon
- Stone 3 bedroomed country house, 7 acres, pond and swimming pool in Dordogne
- Contemporary architect designed 4 bedroomed house with swimming pool in Tarn et Garonne
- 3 separate houses on one plot (7 bedrooms) in Gers
- House, Water Mill, barn, 1 hectare in Deux Sevres
- 2 bedroomed apartment overlooking the Mediterranean in Languedoc Roussillon
The variety of properties is interesting and unlike a decade or so ago, all the properties I looked at were in good condition and completely ready to move into. Some are mouth-wateringly beautiful and would tempt anyone to move to France. The houses I have looked at in the €200,000- €300,000 are likely to be bought for full time homes, they are far too lovely, and often too large or with too much land, to use only for holidays.
Is It’s A French Holiday Home You Are Looking For?
In the price range €100,000-€150,000 there is a similar tempting selection of smaller properties that would make wonderful holiday homes. Often very rural houses are real bargains as they are not sought by local people who need to be near employment. However, for a holiday they are ideally placed. There is also a good choice of village houses with courtyards, roof gardens or terraces. Again, these are ideal for holidays as there is no garden to get overgrown in your absence.
I have again browsed the website to give you a taste of the kind of French holiday,home you could buy in the price range €100,000-€150,000. I have only chosen houses that are ready to move into and that would make really lovely holiday homes. This selection reflects the diversity of properties at under €150,000, all of which would make wonderful holiday homes.
- 2 bedroomed farmhouse and barn in Dordogne
- 2 bedroomed village house with courtyard in Provence
- Stone cottage with 2 bedrooms and swimming pool in Charente
- 4 bedroomed detached house and garden near ski resorts in Ariège
- 3 bedroomed village house and garden in Gers
- Fully furnished 2 bedroomed village house and courtyard in Languedoc Roussillon
- 3 bedroomed idyllic cottage and garden in Loire
If you would like to discuss your property buying plans please call us for an informal chat on 01306 775 008
You may also be interested in the following;