Beautiful Stone House With Gite, Swimming Pool, Land And Views Set On The Edge Of The Gaillac Vineyards
One hour from Toulouse airport, 45 minutes from Albi, 25 minutes from St Antonin Noble Val, and 20 minutes from Gaillac.
Set on the edge of the Gaillac vineyards and the Foret de Gresigne, the property is perched high with its own 2.5 acres of beautiful grounds with views over surrounding unspoilt countryside.
A charming three bedroom country house with character and a two bedroom separate and self contained family or guest cottage currently run as a successful business.
The house has:
- two separate reception rooms both with log burning stoves;
- three double size bedrooms, one with an en-suite bathroom;
- large family bathroom with a double basin;
- separate shower/ wet room;
- two separate toilets upstairs and downstairs;
- fully equipped kitchen;
- utility / storage room and under stairs cave;
- full width covered south facing veranda with outside seating areas and views;
- gas fired central heating.The cottage has:
- large lounge, dining room and fitted kitchen;
- separate lounge (possible third bedroom) with the old bread oven as a feature;
- two double bedrooms upstairs;
- bathroom with bath/shower, toilet, bidet and basin;
- utility room.Outside:-12m x 6m swimming pool with separate pool house, four bay covered barn/ garage, large studio and store room, with laundry room, toilet and basin, a pigeonnier, a stone stable, extensive grounds with lawns, shrubs and fruit trees
Details of the principal house, “Les Hirondelles”
- oak front door to hallway, stairs to first floor,
- on right- lounge (5.8m x 4.3m), marble fireplace with log burner, ornamental plaster frieze, large cupboards, library bookshelves, original tiled floor.
- on left - dining room (5.69m x 5.0m) large stone recess (for original range) with large log burner, tiled floor, exposed beams, original stone evier and port hole window.
- fully fitted kitchen (4.7m x 3.5m) range of units, worktops, butler sink unit, tiled floor, beamed ceiling, with door to pantry cupboard and shelving.
- laundry/ utility room, tiled floor, gas fired boiler (new in 2017), shelving, door to garden
- separate toilet, washbasin, shelving, plumbing for washing machine.
- wet room, shower, tiled walls, pebbled floor.
- understairs cave/ storage areafirst floor:
- bedroom 1 (5.8m x 4.6m), marble fireplace, ornamental plaster frieze, two windows east and south, walk-in wardrobe.
- bedroom 2 (4.7m x 4.55m) south facing window, original fireplace, with en-suite shower room, wash basin, toilet, shower unit.
- bedroom 3 (6.0m x 3.57m) dressed stone walls, beamed ceiling, two windows east and north facing, hanging rail recess.
- bathroom with roll top bath, double basins, two windows north and west facing.
- separate toilet and basin.Details of guest cottage / self contained letting house “The Old Bakery Cottage”
Renovated stone built self contained two bedroom cottage, original features, attractive stone work and beams, tiled floors, with new roof in 2018:
- living room, dining room + kitchen, open plan (9.7m x 4m min).
- fitted kitchen, with double sink, oak cupboards, tiled worktops, serving counter, fridges, dishwasher, four ring gas hob and built in oven, beams, dressed stonework, tiled floor, window and door opening on to private patio and gardens.
- leading to dining area and seating area with satellite tv connection and log burner in open fireplace. French doors. Dressed stone walls, beams, tiled floor.
- separate lounge (possible third bedroom) (4.3m x 4.1m) with original bread oven and evier. Dressed stone walls, tiled floor, door to exterior.
- staircase to first floor.first floor:
- bedroom 1 (7.0m x 4.35m) beams, dressed stone wall,
- bedroom 2 (5m x 4.5m) with beams,
- bathroom, step in bath, tiled shower, washbasin, toilet and bidet, tiled floor.outside:
- large four bay stone barn/ garage. electricity and overhead light;
- swimming pool (12m x 6m), new liner 2017, terrace with pool house and filtration equipment (new 2017);
- large studio at rear of the barn, currently used as storage and workshop, with light, power and heating. Includes a laundry room, with washing machine, sink and toilet.
- landscaped grounds of 2.5 acres (0.9 hectares), lawns, mature shrubs, fruit trees, wild flower meadow, extensive views across unspoilt countryside.
- three bay pig-sty / stable, currently used for storage of garden equipment and logs.
- pigeonnier (newish roof- possible project)Services - large gas tank giving gas fired central heating to both properties, mains water, separate fosse septic tanks to both properties, well (water used for garden irrigation).
*Please note this property is being marketed on behalf of a private vendor. The details, description and images have been written and furnished by the seller, and have not been verified by Healey Fox. We cannot therefore guarantee their accuracy. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves on all information before agreeing to purchase or booking viewings.
Save money when you transfer your purchase funds to France by using the Healey Fox recommended foreign exchange specialist Pure FX!
- Their best exchange rate is guaranteed and it will be significantly higher than the rate quoted by your bank.
- Your funds are completely secure with Pure FX who are directly authorised by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority
- Pure FX offer a friendly and professional service with a personal consultant who will explain all details of the transfer process and the different ways of exchanging your sterling funds into euros.
When you call, please ask for Brett Goulty, who deals with all Healey Fox clients, and quote 'Healey Fox' to obtain Pure FX's very best rates.
Click Here to get a free quote or call Brett on 01494 671 800.